The SmartC2Net project will develop, implement and validate robust solutions that enable Smart Grid operation on top of heterogeneous off-the-shelf communication infrastructures with varying properties.
Our objectives are:
- To provide a reliable energy infrastructure at low infrastructure costs
- To position the capabilities of telecommunication operators and energy system integrators in the Smart Grid value chain creating benefits for all stake-holders
- And to strengthen European research and industrial innovation in the area of Smart Grids via the combination of different research fields
SmartC2Net middleware and control functionality will realize:
- adaptivity of control algorithms to monitored network performance (outer loop in the above figure)
- adaptivity of network QoS and information access configurations to demands of the control algorithm (inner part in the figure)
The effectiveness of project results will be validated in representative use-cases of the active operation of Distributed Energy Resources connected to medium and low voltage distribution networks. These use-cases are investigated in three complementary lab prototypes.
The SmartC2Net results will clearly show that intelligent distribution grid operation can be realized in a robust manner over existing communication infrastructures even despite the presence of accidental faults and malicious attacks.
Would you like to receive our newsletter? Subscribe now